Rajgad , meaning of Rajgarh is King of forts, it is one of the forts of Maharashtra state in India.
Previous name of Rajgarh was Murumdev, it was capital of the Maratha Kingdom (Hindavi Swarajya) ruled by Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj for almost 26 years, after which he moved to Raigad fort and made that his capital.
Development of Rajgarh fort was done by the Treasure found in temple of Torna mata of Torna kila.
Attraction points in Rajgarh Fort
- Padmavati Temple
- Padmavati Lake
- Chor Darwaja
- Pali Darwaja
- Gunjavane Darwaja
- Daru Kothar (storage of arms and ammunition)
- Rajwada (ruins)
- Ghod Tale (Horse Lake)
- Sadar (office)
- Dhalkathi (flag hoisting place)
Events occured in Rajgarh Fort.
- Birth of Rajaram Chhatrapati,
- The death of Shivaji’s Queen Saibai
- The return of Shivaji from Agra
- The antyayatra of Tanaji Malusare to his Konkan village
- The burial of Afzal Khan’s head in the Mahadarwaja walls of Ballekilla,
- The strict words of Sonopant Dabir to Shivaji
- The Khandoji Khopade episode.
Location of Rajgarh Fort ,Pune
Situated in the Pune district, the fort is approximately 1326 meters above sea level.
- raigad killa
- raigad fort
- rajgad fort
- shivaji killa
- shivaji forts
- all forts of shivaji maharaj
- chhatrapati shivaji maharaj wallpaper
- shivaji maharaj sms
- chatrapati shivaji maharaj